By: Sam Kohler
- 2 Gamekeeper Butchery Wild Boar Loin Chops
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (Sauce)
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar (Rub)
- ¼ Cup of Whiskey
- 3 Tbsp Molasses
- 2 Tbsp Pork Fat, Lard, Bacon Grease
- 3-4 in of Ginger; Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Laoganma Spicy Chili Crisp
- 3 Tbsp of Water
1. Begin by evenly coating the wild boar chops with one tsp of brown sugar mixed with ~ 1-2 tsp of salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp water, 1 tbsp brown sugar, whiskey, chili crisps and your molasses.
3. Next, heat up a cast iron skillet or large pan to medium heat and add in 1 tbsp of your pork lard. Add the wild boar chops to the pan and cook them for roughly 10 minutes; flipping every 2 minutes until the chops have browned and the internal temperature is between 110-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Once the internal temperature has been reached, bring the heat to low and add in one more tbsp of pork lard and place your ginger slices on top of your wild boar chops. Baste the chops for 2-4 minutes making sure to cover the ginger slices with melted fat until the internal temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit is reached.
5. Once the internal temperature is reached, remove the chops from the skillet and place them on a separate resting tray. Pour the drippings from the pan onto the chops leaving only 2 tbsp of drippings in the pan.
6. Bring the pan back up to medium heat and then add in your molasses sauce. Once the sauce is simmering, bring the heat back down to low and then cook the sauce until it sticks to the back of a spoon.
7. Finally, add your wild boar chops back into the pan with the sauce and baste it in sauce for 2 minutes and then enjoy!