By: Malcom Reed
- 4 Gamekeeper Butchery Elk Tomahawk Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs TX Rub
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Whisky or Bourbon
- 1 Teaspoon Dehydrated Garlic Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Dehydrated Onion Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Drizzle Worcestershire sauce over elk tomahawks and rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat add pineapple, teriyaki, brown sugar, whisky, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir well to combine and bring to a slight boil. Adjust heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Allow glaze to cool in a small bowl and it will thicken more as it cools.
- Season each steak with TX Rub on all sides and prepare charcoal grill for direct grilling at 500°F (any grill can be used just keep the cooking temperature the same).
- Place each steak on the grill directly over coals and sear for 2 minutes each side. Brush with the whisky glaze during the last few minutes and remove the steaks as soon as the internal temperature reaches 125° internal for medium rare.
- Once off the grill drizzle the steaks with remaining whisky glaze and rest for 5 minutes before serving.