By: Malcom Reed
- 1lb Gamekeeper Butchery Venison Classic Sausage; 4 Links
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Large Sweet Onion
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 12oz Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 Bolillo Rolls or Sub Rolls
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct grilling at 500°F.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into strips and mince the garlic.
- Place the sausages on the grill and brown on all sides about 2-3 minutes total. The sausages will not be cooked all the way here. (Just brown the outside) Set to the side.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add olive oil. Add the peppers and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes then add the garlic. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Cut each sausage link into 1” bites and add to the pan along with the marinara sauce and seasonings. Cook stirring frequently until everything is incorporated about 4-5 minutes.
- To serve split the rolls and toast in the oven or on the grill. Stuff each roll with the sausage mixture and serve.