By: Malcom Reed
- 4lb Gamekeeper Butchery Wild Boar Shoulder Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275F.
- Apply mustard to outer surface of wild boar roast. Season with AP Seasoning and the BBQRub.
- Place the shoulder roast on the pit and smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove from the pit and wrap with aluminum foil. Add apple juice to the wrap for moisture.
- Place the wrapped roast back on the pit and insert a probe thermometer set for 200F.
- Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 200F about 2.5 hours.
- Remove from wrap and place on a wire baking rack. Brush The BBQ Sauce over the outside and return to pit for 20 minutes to glaze.
- Remove from the pit and rest for 10-15 minutes before pulling.
- Serve piled high on a bun with plenty of sauce drizzled over the top.