By: Sam Kohler
Venison Steak Fajitas
- 2 Gamekeeper Butchery Venison Medallions; Sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1/2 Yellow bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1 White Onion; Sliced
- Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Dark Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Black Peppercorn
- 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro; Loosely Chopped
- 2 Oranges; Juiced
- 2 Limes; Juiced
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cumin
- Begin by combining your fajita marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag and marinating your steak strips in the marinade for 6-24 hours.
- Next, take your pan and set it to high heat and add about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and let them cook on high for 3-4 minutes so that they begin to become tender and gain a nice char on their edges.
- Next, remove the vegetables and allow the pan to increase its temperature once again to high and add your steak strips to the pan and let them cook quickly for 4-5 minutes.
- You want to steer your steak strips to ensure that the internal meat is medium-rare in doneness.
- Finally, add your vegetables back into the pan with the steak and bring the temperature to low and enjoy with some warm tortillas!