By: Sam Kohler
- 6 Large Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Old Style Mustard
- 1 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Green Onion; Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 Tsp. Tony’s Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Celery; Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Bell Pepper; Thinly Sliced
- 1/3 Lb Gamekeeper Butchery Wild Boar Tasso; Thinly Sliced and Cubed
- Smoked Paprika (Garnish)
- Begin by filling a pot with warm water and setting it to boil on the stove top.
- Once the pot has reached a rolling boil, turn the heat down until its still hot but not bubbling. At this point add your eggs in and set a timer for 14 minutes.
- Once the 14 minutes have passed, immediately remove your eggs and add them into a bowl filled with ice water to stop the internal cooking of the eggs.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove your eggs and deshell them and slice them in half to remove the cooked yolks. Place your yolks in a bowl and set the egg whites aside on a platter.
- At this time take a plan and set it to medium heat. Take your thinly sliced and cubed tasso and add them to the pan and let the cook until they become crispy after 5-6 minutes.
- Once the tasso is cooked, add it to the yolks along with your green onions, mustard, Tony’s seasoning, vinegar, celery, mayonnaise, bell pepper, and sweet pickle relish.
- Mix these ingredients together until a smooth texture is reached and then place the mixture back into the egg white cups.
- To plate this snack simply put your deviled eggs onto a serving platter and dust them with smoked paprika and enjoy!