By: Sam Kohler
- ~1/2 Lb of Chicken of the Woods Mushroom; Shredded (2 Cups Equivalent)
- 1/2 Cup of BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp. Chicken Bouillon
- 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion; Thinly Sliced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic; Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (Separate Step)
- 2 Slices of Bread (White or Wheat Depending on Preference)
- Cilantro (Garnish)
- Begin by taking a bowl and adding your cleaned and shredded chicken of the woods mushrooms to the bowl and separately setting your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, mix your chicken stock, bouillon, and 1/3 cup of olive oil together in a small bowl so that the bouillon dissolves in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the mushrooms and mix the mushrooms thoroughly until the liquid is soaked up and the mushrooms are evenly coated. Then place the mushrooms on a baking pan spread apart and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are done and removed from the oven, take a separate pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Add your two tbsp. of olive oil to the pan and add your minced garlic to the oil and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add your mushrooms to the pan and mix them around for 2-4 minutes before adding your bbq sauce to the pan.
- Cook the bbq mushrooms until the mushrooms begin to crisp and the bbq sauce is absorbed by the mushrooms.
- Finally, Take your bread and toast it either in the oven on a broiler or in a toaster and then plate your mushrooms on top. Cook an egg any way you would like it and place it on top of the mushrooms along with some thinly sliced red onion. Garnish with some salt, pepper, and cilantro if you would like and enjoy!