By: Sam Kohler
- 1 Pack of Gamekeeper Butchery 1/2 lb Bison Patties
- 1 Package of Hard Roll Burger Buns
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce, Shredded
Wild Boar Chorizo Queso
- 1/2 lb of Gamekeeper Butchery Wild Boar Chorizo
- 12 Oz of Oaxaca Cheese, Cubed
- 8 Oz of Monterey Jack Cheese, Cubed
- 6 Medium Hass Avocados
- 4 Tbsp. Pickled Jalapenos, Diced
- 1 Roma Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Shallot, Diced
- 3/4 Bunch of Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Juice of Two Limes
- Begin by making your guacamole in a large bowl.
- Halve your avocados and placing them in a bowl with the juice of two limes.
- Mash the avocados until the desired consistency is reached, I like mine with a few chunks still in it but if you like really smooth guacamole then mash it until that consistency is reached.
- Add your diced tomato, shallot, red onion, pickled jalapeno, and cilantro into the bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Finally, add the salt and garlic powder to the guacamole and then place the final product in the fridge until burger assembly.
- For the Wild Boar Chorizo Queso, begin by taking a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan and heating it on medium high.
- Next, add your chorizo to the pan and nicely brown the chorizo.
- Finally, add your Monterey Jack and Oaxaca cheese to the pan and bring the heat to medium to medium low heat.
- Consistently mix the cheese and chorizo mixture until the cheese fully melts and the queso is complete.
- For the Burger, you can either cook it in a pan with some butter or cook it on a grill depending on what you have available. In regards to it being a bison burger, I like to cook my burgers to medium-rare, but if you like your burgers well done that tastes delicious as well.
- Once you cook your burgers its time for assembling! Take your hard roll buns (I toasted mine before assembling) and place the shredded iceberg lettuce on the bottom bun. Then take your burger patties and place them on top of the lettuce with a nice layer of queso on top of both burgers. Finally, place the Guacamole on top and then add the top bun and enjoy!