By: Heath Wood
One of my favorite go-to BBQ snacks is pig shots. I knew they were a menu must for this year’s super bowl party, but I wanted to mix it up a bit by adding the incredible flavors of wild boar to make these wild game pig shots explode with flavor.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened (1 block)
- ½ can think of Rotel Roasted Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of Traeger Pork & Poultry Rub
- 2 packages of GameKeeper Butchery Wild Boar Bacon Sliced
- 1 package of GameKeeper Butchery Wild Boar Italian Sausage
Cook And Prepare:
- Pre-heat Traeger Grill to 350 degrees using Hickory flavored pellets
- Combine the cream cheese, Rotel, shredded cheese, chili powder, and Pork & Poultry Rub in a bowl until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Cut Wild Boar Italian Sausage into small 1/2″ slices with a sharp knife. After all the sausage is cut, wrap each piece with one slice of Wild Boar Bacon to form a cup-like shape. While cooking, use one or two toothpicks pushed through the sides to hold the cups together.
- After all the cups are made, fill each with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with more Traeger Pork & Poultry Rub.
- Place all the pig shot bowls facing up to prevent cream cheese from spilling.
- At 350 degrees, cook until Wild Boar Bacon is crispy and shots are golden brown. Total cook time should take 35 to 45 minutes.
- When bacon is crispy, pull the grill shots, rest for a few minutes, and enjoy!