- 1 GameKeeper Butchery Wild Boar Shoulder, 2 in Cubes
- 2 lb Lard (Manteca)
- 2 Large Oranges, halved
- 2 Limes, halved
- 1 Mexican Coca-Cola
- 2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Coarse Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 bulb of Garlic, Peeled
- 1 cup of water with 3 Tbsp. of Salt
- Place 2 lb. of Manteca in a Dutch oven and place it on high heat.
- Take your wild boar shoulder and cut it into 11/2 – 2 inch cubes and then season them with cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper.
- Once the Manteca is hot place the cubes of meat into the oil with bay leaves and garlic and let them fry for 30 minutes. (Flip and move the pieces around every 8-10 minutes.
- Once the meat is fried golden brown, set the heat to low and remove half of the oil
- Add 1 cup of water with salt, 1 Coca-Cola, and squeeze the oranges and limes into the Dutch Oven. Place the orange and lime peels into the Dutch oven as well. Let mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once Carnitas are cooked you can remove them and shed them with a forks and enjoy!