- 1 lb GameKeeper Butchery Wild Boar Tasso
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Large Eggs
- Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lb spaghetti
- Italian Parsley
- First, bring your pasta water to a boil and add 2 Tbsp. of salt and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to the water.
- While the water is heating up, dice your Tasso into small cubes and fry them in a cast iron skillet until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove Tasso from skillet and place it on a plate with paper towel to remove grease, remember not to get rid of the bacon grease because you will use it later.
- In a bowl combine the eggs and grated parmesan and mix thoroughly, you want the mixture to be as smooth and blended as possible.
- Cook the pasta about two minutes short of the instructions on the box and take ~1 cup of the pasta water and add it to the Tasso grease in the skillet and put the heat to medium-high.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet and cook the pasta for 2-4 minutes until al dente and the liquid is reduced by half.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain the remaining liquid leaving about 2-3 Tbsp. of it left in the pan with the pasta and slowly incorporate the egg mixture. Make sure not to dump the egg mixture in all at once but slowly pour it in and mix it in to the pasta rapidly so not to cook the eggs.
- Finally, add in the Tasso bits once the sauce is fully incorporated and add fresh black pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnish with finely chopped Italian Parsley and enjoy!