Jeremiah Doughty – From Field to Plate
2 pounds ground game meat (venison, elk, bison, deer meat)
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 Tbsp cracked pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp seal salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 teaspoons finely diced onion
1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
Cheddar or American cheese
White onions, diced
- In large glass bowl mix game meat along with all other ingredients
- Take a baseball size handful of meat mixture and roll into ball. On a piece of parchment paper toss ball down, once down press down with ball and with other hand follow along the sides to for a perfect patty. Continue this until all patties have been formed. Place all patties in fridge for 30 minutes before cooking. This is key.
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Place the burgers on the grill and don’t touch!!! Once they’ve cooked for 5 minutes flip once.. ONCE.
- The cheese is melted to the two bottom buns in the recipe, so when your burgers are almost done those your Bottom bun on with a slice of cheese and finish along with the burgers, you can do this on a baking sheet if you don’t want over crispy buns.
- Now we layer
- Bottom cheese bun, special sauce, pickles, onions, lettuce , burger patty, bottom bun, special sauce, pickles, onion, lettuce, burger, sauce and top bun.