Malcom Reed | How to BBQ Right
This quick and easy recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser at the camp, your next gameday party or any other occasion.
2 lb ground elk or any ground venison
1 small onion
4-5 cloves garlic minced
16 oz velveeta queso blanco cheese – cubed
8oz Monterrey Jack cheese – cubed
8oz sharp cheddar cheese – cubed
1/4 cup diced pickled jalapeño
2 cans original Rotel tomatoes and green peppers
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons Killer Hogs TX seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 275 degrees
- Sauté diced onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until soft over medium high heat.
- Combine TX seasoning with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add ground venison and seasoning blend. Cook until venison browns.
- Remove from heat and add 2 cans of Rotel, diced jalapeño, and cubed cheese.
- Stir to combine and place on smoker for 1 hour or until cheese completely melts. Stir every 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips