Lucky enough to have some elk meat on hand? Cook it right with this recipe for a wild game delicacy.
Malcom Reed is a serious pit master. While being a student of the ‘Cue, he runs a business called How To BBQ Right with his wife. His business includes a successful Facebook page and website, Youtube account, and a podcast.
Follow along for more Malcom Reed recipes. Trust us, you won’t want to miss these mouth-watering delicacies—using all wild game, of course!
BACON WRAPPED ELK MEDALLIONS W/ ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- 2 lbs GameKeeper Butchery Elk Medallions
- 1 pound thin cut bacon
- 8 oz. Malcom’s Meat Marinade (recipe below)
- Kosher Salt
- Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch fresh Asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs AP seasoning
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Cut the elk medallions into chunks and place in marinade for 1-2 hours.
2. Set up smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 300°F.
3. Remove elk from marinade and season with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
4. Wrap each piece of elk with thin bacon and secure with skewer.
5. Place on smoker or grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 125-130°F.
6. Trim Asparagus and drizzle with olive oil. Season with AP Seasoning and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
7. Cook the asparagus on the baking sheet for 15-20 minutes at 400°F.
8. Squeeze lemon over asparagus and serve with elk medallions.