Those wild hogs are a nuisance. Cook ‘em up and enjoy them with this recipe for savory, mouth-watering ribs.
Malcom Reed is a serious pit master. While being a student of the ‘Cue, he runs a business called How To BBQ Right with his wife. His business includes a successful Facebook page and website, Youtube account, and a podcast.
Follow along for more Malcom Reed recipes. Trust us, you won’t want to miss these mouth-watering delicacies—using all wild game, of course!
APPLE WOOD SMOKED WILD BOAR RIBS
- 2 slabs of Wild Boar Spare Ribs
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 stick butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
1. Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 250°F using apple wood chunks added to hot coals for smoke flavor.
2. Season each rack of wild boar ribs with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic. Let the ribs rest for 15 minutes on the counter. Season with The BBQ Rub on all sides.
3. Place the ribs on the smoker and cook for 2 hours then remove the ribs and wrap in aluminum foil with butter and sweet Thai chili sauce.
4. Return the ribs to the smoker and continue to cook until tender about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Carefully take the ribs out of the foil and place back on the pit. Glaze with The BBQ Sauce and allow the sauce to caramelize for 10-15 minutes before serving.