Traditionally, people think rabbit is strictly for fine dining tables, but the reality is you can enjoy rabbit anytime of year for any meal. This recipe is a way to dress up the Gamekeeper Butchery Rabbit with White Wine Sausage that will be an awesome addition to any cookout.
Mustard Garlic Aioli
- 4-6 tablespoons of Hard Ground Mustard
- 1 bulb of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon Juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-2 cups of Neutral oil (Grape seed or Vegetable)
1 Package of diced Pancetta or Prosciutto
- To make the Aioli begin by setting your oven to 400 F and cutting the top end of the bulb of garlic off.
- Drizzle Olive Oil on the top of the garlic cloves and then rap the bulb in tinfoil and bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Once done, remove the 4-8 garlic cloves (depending on how garlicy you want your aioli) and place them in a blender with the lemon juice, egg yolks, and hard ground mustard.
- Begin to blend the ingredients and begin to slowly drizzle in oil into the blender. (Make sure you don’t dump in the oil to guarantee the right consistency).
- Drizzle the oil in until the right consistency is achieved.
- Add salt and pepper to the Aioli until you get the right taste you desire and don’t be afraid to add a tablespoon of white sugar if you think it needs a little sweet note.
- Take the package of diced pancetta or prosciutto and fry it in a pan on medium heat until golden brown. (Bacon is a fine substitute too)
- Once the pancetta is cooked and the excess oil is drained on a paper towel; add the aioli to the top of a grilled or pan fried rabbit sausage and sprinkle on pancetta.
- Finally, take a bite and enjoy!