One of the best natural pairings with the rich flavor and texture of duck sausage is the seasonings and spices of Cajun cuisine. This recipe is a spin of the Holy Trinity of Cajun cooking that brings a bright crunch and flavorful burst to the Gamekeeper Butchery Duck and Bacon Sausage.
Holy Trinity Slaw
- 1 bunch of Celery
- 1 Large Yellow or White Onion
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup of Mayo
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of White Vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of White Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Hot Sauce of Your Choice (Louisiana, Tabasco, etc.)
- Begin by thinly slicing the holy trinity in razor thin slices. (I recommend using a mandolin for this step)
- Once all the vegetables are sliced in similar length strips, mix them in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Ideally let the slaw sit overnight in the refrigerator to get the most tender texture and robust flavor, but eating it fresh is real good too! ( Also feel free to adjust the seasoning to your liking, this is just a great guideline that you can make your own!)
- Finally, top the slaw on a freshly cooked Duck and Bacon Sausage and then add your favorite hot sauce on top and enjoy!